Wednesday, August 19, 2009

slowing down amidst...

Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.
~Winnie the Pooh~

Last week was such a lazy week for me. Apart from doing the usual household chores, I wasn't really in the mood for doing anything. Even after I bought some pieces of fabrics, still I couldn't find any drive to sew anything.

Maybe because, I got too overwhelmed of the idea on putting up an online shop, maybe not.
Maybe because, I got too afraid of the unknown should I push through with the online shop, maybe not.
Maybe because, I was again into this "I-really-can't-sew-to-a-tee-so-I-might-as-well-stop", maybe not.

Then, I came across this blog featuring one of my favorite authors, Elizabeth Gilbert talking about nurturing one's creativity. (See video here). Then I realized, it happens to everyone, what I have felt last week. I was even starting to feel low again telling myself, "here you go again Lala... starting on something yet not being able to see it through..." until I saw the video. It was such a relief knowing that sometimes, it just happens to everyone that you tend NOT to do anything NOT because you ran out of ideas, not because you just wanted to stop doing it. Simply because, sometimes, we tend to put so much pressure on ourselves that we forget to breathe, to slow down, to think.

I don't consider myself creative, but I do have the passion to learn the art of being creative, having at least a speck of creativity would mean so much to me. Then it daunted on me, there's no rush in what I am doing now. I am still in the learning process and is very much taking my baby steps. What is there for to pressure myself to rush into things and to complete a task in haste when I can take things slow, having a break in between, and finish it just in time.

So for this week, I started doing the second of four uke gig bags. This time, I wanted to take things slow, doing one part at a time, and taking a break, amidst.

since I am taking my sweetest time in doing
this uke gig bag, I was able to attach an outer pocket this time ;)
my workstation/dining table

taking a break amidst
this is laksa, one of malaysia's comfort food
a noodle soup with coco milk as soup base with malaysian herbs & spices
topped with prawns, squid, and eggs...

who wouldn't feel secured knowing
that my jack and ish are always there to support
me :)


God is good... All the Time!

No comments: