Wednesday, July 14, 2010

♫how much is that doggie in the window?♫

Even before I learned sewing,  I have always been fascinated with colorful fabrics.  When I started getting my hands into sewing, all the more that my passion for fabrics became more apparent.  Then I stumbled upon novelty fabrics.  According to a website, "novelty fabrics are types of fabrics with quirky patterns or images.  Novelty fabric styles could include; horses, party food, beach, frogs, cars, sports and many more."

However,  not all fabric warehouses/stores sell novelty fabrics.  Most of those who sell, are quilt shops since most of novelty fabrics are designed for quilting.  Another thing,  based on my researches online,  it seems like, novelty fabrics do not abound in Asian countries but more towards down under, the US, and Europe.  What other Asian fabric stores do is, they order by bulk online and they sell it online again on a per half yard basis.  They costs a little bit expensive than the ones from the actual shops but for somebody like me who isn't yet into bulk sewing (and I guess will never be into),  I just opt to order from these Asian stores who sell by the yard.  That way, I also get to save some amount from shipping fees since we are just in the neighboring areas.

The first novelty fabric I bought was the comics inspired fabric which I turned into a Charlie Bag after a year of stashing it in my fabric box.

Some two weeks ago, while browsing ebay,  I found this Korean online shop that sells what else but??? my favorite novelty fabrics!!!!   Then I saw this novelty fabric and immediately right there and then,  I ordered right away.  I bought a yard.  I knew what to do with the fabric and after about 6 days of waiting, the fabric arrived just in time.

Yesterday,  I made these out of my yet another novelty fabric :)


  yes,  i made yet another reversible "charlie bag"
haven't i told that i am certainly going to sew lots and lots of this bag????

 maybe now it is obvious why the title of this blog, eh?

the background floral fabric is yet to be sewn
for another project i have in mind ;)

this "charlie bag" is also very convenient to keep.
you just fold it in half...
then fold again by the handles...
until you come up with this neat fold at the end.

 and if you intend to give it as a gift, you just use a ribbon to
secure the fold and maybe a nice accent on top like a button?

apart from the "charlie bag", i made another one
of this...


a pen roll :)

and last, but not the least,
who wouldn't be happy doing the cooking 
when you've got an apron like this eh?


God is good.  All the time.
Life is worth living.  One stitch at a time.

No comments: