Tuesday, October 18, 2011

overwhelmed

Just when I thought I could already manage to slowly grapple my sewing-a-basic-dress dilemma,  I failed again miserably :( I don't want to think that I'm so limited to sewing bags, home crafts, and basic blocked pattern blouses.  I know I can do more only if I would push myself more. 

After the vacation, the birthday, and the post-vacation-post-birthday days,  I thought I was all set and fully recharged to conquer my greatest frustration in my sewing experience - as if I've been sewing for a century already, huh?!?   Now, I feel as if I'm back to zero :(

Then the mailman arrived and much to my surprise,  a sewing magazine in our mailbox!!!  I entirely forgot about signing up to a promo online that entitles me to around 4 magazine subscription and I only paid for its shipping fees for like 5 USD.   I was way too happy to scan the pages of the magazine that I entirely forgot about my forthcoming "sewing depression."  In short,  I  bounced back!!!!

Since christmas is almost here,  and the magazine is a winter issue,  there are a couple of christmas-inspired sewing projects there.  So instead of sulking and making myself miserable which is not so worth it at all,  I scoured my stashed fabrics,  my collection of felt, traced the patterns,  cut, and started sewing each of the felt applique.  Now, I'm excited again to finish this project soon and complete our handsewn christmas ornaments.  It's going to be a first in this household.

Here's a preview of what is keeping me sane and busy and diverted :)  Thank you God.

these are 30 pieces of felt appliqued denim/canvas fabric
ready to be pieced together soon :)

once I finish this off, then I'll be able to name this one :)

Would you like to guess what this one is?  Since October is my birthday month, then maybe there's nothing wrong if I have my first giveaway to the very few readers that I have, most of whom are real close friends of mine, ha ha ha!!!!!

You may either leave a message or comment regarding your wild guess.  The first one to give me the correct answer will get a handsewn gift from moi.  

God is good. :) Thank you God.

No comments: